It’s the -ISH mom comin’ at ya again! And this week we’re talking all about summer family fun with absolutely NO PREP!
Y’all I love a good family night – but if it gets to be too many steps, I won’t do it! So I have put together a summer bucket list for our family that will be a blast, and we can pick up and do it at the drop of a hat!
Another perk to these ideas, during this crazy time we are living in – we never know what supplies we will have access to, and some families (mine included) are still practicing social distancing! Each of these only use things I know you already have in your home!
5 NO Prep Summer Family Nights
1. Star Gazing : I don’t know about you, but my toddler is obsessed with the moon and stars! I don’t know if it is because of Goodnight Moon or a Blippi video, but he begs to see the moon every single night!
So this summer we are going to spend some time looking at the stars! We have a trampoline (if you don’t just do this on the grass) – I’m going to pile on pillows and blankets, and take the family out to lay down and stare at the stars!
2. Night Time Sprinkler Run : If you thought your kids loved water during the day – just wait till you hear their giggles at night! You can put the sprinkler on the grass or under a trampoline and let them run! If you want to really go crazy, throw on your suit and run with them!
BONUS : If you have glow sticks OR can get them, this is a great time to use them!
3. Catch Lighting Bugs : If you are from the south those little critters that light their butts up all summer are lighting bugs. If you aren’t from the south – they may be fireflies. But whatever you call them, kids love to run and catch them!
Grab a mason jar, and after dinner head out to the yard and see how many you can catch! Don’t forget to poke holes in the top, and then let the kiddos put leaves and grass in the jar! Once the kids go to bed, you can let them free!
4. Have Limbo Tournament : My 13 year old loves this one. He knows he can beat us each and every time! All you need is a stick or even just a broom handle. You can take turns holding it, and then GO! It doesn’t matter how old your kids are, they will get a kick out of mom & dad bending over backwards – literally! Just turn on some Beach Boys Tunes, and you’re set for a super fun night of giggles!!
5. Beach Music Dance Party : Speaking of Beach Boys, nothing says summer like beach music! This one I think teaches kids to just let go – to dance like no one is watching, and to be confident! If you need help finding Beach Music, Pandora has a FREE Beach Radio Station, and I can promise you it is awesome! Go – Dance it out like no one is watching!!
I hope you’ll give one or all of these family night ideas a try! And if you have some great no prep family nights – I want to hear about them! Comment here, or head over to Instagram & share with me!