Be honest, when is the last time you said “I don’t have time to…” or “I wish I had time to…” It is literally the #1 excuse I hear. And don’t fool yourself it is most definitely an excuse. We make time for what we prioritize – so if you don’t have time, you don’t want to do it.
If you are looking for time in your day – it is time to AUDIT YOUR DAY. Take a good hard look at how you are spending your time each day, and why you are doing what you are doing. And to have more just like this delivered directly to your inbox – make sure you are on my list!
FIRST STEP, JOURNAL YOUR DAY – EVERYDAY FOR 1 WEEK. Write down everything. What time you woke up, what time you ate breakfast, how much time you scrolled instagram, when you watched television. Every task – WRITE IT DOWN.
Next : Audit your day.
AUDIT YOUR DAY
Take a look back at the days you journaled and answer these questions.
- Why are you doing what you are doing? Are your tasks & activities aligned with your CORE 4? What about your goals – do your action steps make it into your days & week?
- What time are you waking up? Can you get up earlier? Would that mean getting into bed earlier? Are you more of a night owl? How can you use that to your advantage?
- How can you streamline tasks? Can you time block? Can you create a routine that will lessen your decision making (read more about the pros of a routine here)?
- How can you better plan for your days & week? Could you meal plan & grocery shop on a routine? Could you lay out clothing once a week? Could you create a better planned routine to relieve some of the decision making pressure?
- Instead of mindless scrolling – could you set a timer for 15 minutes.. and then actually get up?
Theses are 5 places that you can pick up pockets of time in your day. Use them wisely – for high value tasks and activities. Use them to balance your CORE 4 within your week. Use them to further your goals.
Are you ready to put time back into your day, join my online FB Community : CONQUER!